This is a must for summer – rich custard ice cream can only be improved by sharp raspberry sauce rippled through.
Equipment and preparation: For this recipe you will need an ice cream maker.
For the ice cream
- 600ml/1 pint 1fl oz double cream
- 600ml/1 pint 1fl oz full-fat milk
- 1 vanilla pod, split, seeds scraped out with a knife
- 10 large free-range egg yolks
- 225g/½lb caster sugar
For the ripple sauce
- 500g/1lb 2oz fresh raspberries or blackcurrants, rinsed
- 50g/2oz caster sugar
- 3 tbsp water