You can tone your butt and legs into this shape to rock a bikini, swimsuit or your everyday clothes without worrying about how you look from behind.There are many effective workouts to burn fat from your butt and tone it up.
Remember, these workouts will be effective only when done regularly, along with following a healthy lifestyle and diet.
Squats strengthen and tone the muscles of the buttocks as well as thighs, hips and lower back. This exercise is easy to do and can be done just about anywhere. It do not require any equipment, unless you want to add weights.
To do simple squats:
- Stand with your feet slightly wider than your hips and keep your toes pointed slightly outward.
- Keep your spine straight and put your arms straight out in front of you, parallel to the ground.
- Keeping your entire body tight, breathe in, bend at your hips and push your butt back.
- Squat down slowly until your hips are lower than your knees.
- Keeping everything tight, breathe out, push up off your heels and slowly rise back up.
- Perform 2 sets of 20 repetitions once daily.
Bridges are effective in strengthening and toning your butt, hips and thighs. To do a basic bridge, you need to lie on your back, place your arms by your side and bend your knees with your feet placed firmly on the ground. Then lift your but up, until your body comes into a straight line from the shoulder to the knees. While you lift your butt up, squeeze it for two seconds and let go as you bring it back to the ground. Do a set of 3, each consisting of 15 reps.
3.Single-Leg Glute Bridge
Lie on your back with your knees bent and soles of your feet on the floor. Extend one leg. On your exhale, squeeze your glutes, and push your hips up toward the ceiling as high as you can. Pause, then lower until your butt hovers right above the floor, and repeat without touching the ground to complete one rep.
Lunges are great workout for perfect butt and hips. It strengthens your lower body muscle overall including your calves. Stand up straight, holding your dumbbells down at your sides. Take one big step forward with your left leg, and then plant your foot firmly onto the ground. Slowly bend your both knees, your right knee should bend and touch the ground and your left knee should form a 90-degree angle( as shown in image). Stand back up and repeat it with the other leg. You may begin with a set of 2, each consisting 20 reps.
5.Single Leg Squat
Once you have mastered all types of squats you may proceed with the single leg squat. It is pretty challenging, thus you need to be consistent and patient. To begin with this one, you first need to stand up straight. Plant your right heel slightly in front of your left foot and keep your right leg straight. Slowly bend your left knee to squat keeping your back straight, and extend your right leg slowly as you squat (as shown in the image). Stand back up, and repeat this with the other leg. Do a set of 3, consisting reps of 10 for each side.
6.Lying Side Leg Raises
This effective exercise also helps tighten and tone the muscles on the butt, thighs and hips. It will also benefit the lower abdominal muscles. In addition, it lowers your risk for back injuries, back pain and back strain while performing other exercises.
- Lie on your side with your legs extended out straight.
- Place your lower arm under your head and rest your upper arm on your hip.
- Raise your top leg, while keeping your hips steady and both legs straight.
- Keep raising your top leg up in the air until you feel tightness in your outer hip.
- Move your leg upward and downward 15 to 20 times.
- Switch sides and do the same with the other leg.
In addition, it improves your balance and reduces the risk of lower back pain.
- Place a sturdy step or bench in front of you.
- Stand in front of the step or bench with your back, legs and arms straight, feet hip-width apart.
- If you want, you can hold weights (barbells or dumbbells) in each hand with your palms facing your body.
- With an exhale, step onto the center of the bench with your right leg and straighten it.
- Keep your left leg behind you for balance.
- Inhale and slowly bend your right knee, then step back down to complete one round.
- Do 5 to 10 rounds with one leg, then switch to the other leg.