Find ways in which to wake up. Take a keep breath, splash your face with cold water, or take a shower. Eat a healthy breakfast. Keep your senses stimulated and your body active. Try some exercise or light physical activity. Be sure to eat healthy and to keep your mind active.
1. Avoid coffee, red wine and chocolate the night before
To wake up fresh you need to get a good sleep and one of the best ways to ruin a good sleep is to upset your gut. You really need to keep it happy during the night.Coffee, red wine and chocolate have been scientifically shown to disturb your sleep more than any other food. They upset your intestines in such a way that you will wake up constantly or have a very light sleep that doesn’t re charge you at all. Try not to have these things after lunch time.
2.Avoid Stressful Activities Before Sleep
It’s best to avoid doing things that can strain the mind or body just before you go to sleep.
Watching stimulating TV programs, listening to loud music, playing engrossing video games or having an argument, are activities you should avoid before going to sleep. These activities stimulate your mind, leaving you feeling restless in the bed. An over-active mind will take more time to hit deep sleep, thus feeling tired in the morning.
What I found immensely helpful was to spend 30 minutes reading some soothing books or listening to some soft music before going to sleep. This is a good practice as it helps calm the mind and body allowing deep sleep to arise faster. Meditation helps too.
3.Start your day off with a healthy breakfast.
A healthy breakfast is the key to a healthy and alert day. The wrong breakfast — or even worse, no breakfast at all — can make you feel sluggish and fatigued for the rest of your waking hours. It’s important to make time to eat a healthy and filling meal no matter how busy you are. Here are some foods to try:
- Fruit, yogurt, and granola.
- Greens like spinach, kale, or celery. Try mixing them up into a smoothie.
- Eggs and a lean ham or turkey. They will give you protein, which is required within your body for the growth and repair of tissues and damaged cells; this will give you a clear thought process throughout the day.
- Oatmeal, whole grain bread, or healthy cereal. Avoid sugary cereals because they will give you a spike of energy that will make you crash later.
- Avoid foods that are soaked in grease, butter, or maple syrup. These foods can be great for the weekend or special occasions, when you’re trying indulge and relax a little more and aren’t so focused on being alert.
- When you are groggy in the morning and nice run in the fresh air can wake you up fast. However, the interesting thing is that when you exercise in the morning you will actually have more energy the NEXT day. The more you exercise the more energy you will have as you become fitter and healthier.
5. Help Your Body Flush Out Toxins in the Morning
Morning is the time when your body is ready to flush out toxins.
Help your body by drinking plenty of clean water first thing in the morning. I have found it immensely useful to drink plain water in the morning and not eat anything until about 30 minutes after waking up.
I then drink some refreshing lemon and ginger juice and treat myself to some fresh fruits. Any case, that’s besides the point. The main point to remember is to drink plenty of water first thing in the morning.